Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
“ Wonderful, friendly staff. Very welcoming to solo travelers! Clean facilities, artsy, friendly atmosphere. Would definitely recommend! ”
Thank you so much for this lovely review! We'll hope to see you around here again sometime!
- 19 Jun 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Over the course of a month-long European backpacking trip, probably the nicest hostel I stayed at in terms of amenities, facilities, and cleanliness. Cool bar and common room, outside terrace, very helpful staff, and full kitchen were nice. ”
- 13 Jun 2015 Anonymous USA
“ Close to the West-bahnhof (the main train station in Vienna) and very convenient location. Fairly cheap and an excellent place.
Staffs are very friendly and helpful. Clean, comfortable and everything we need are there. A good bar in nights. ”
Thank you for this great review! Come back and hang out with us again sometime - summertime is a GREAT time to hang in our bar or our lovely garden and sip a Mojito, Caipirinhas, Mozart Colada...mmm!
- 18 May 2015 Anonymous USA
“ Enjoyed time there. A bit removed to city center but an easy walk. Staff friendly and helpful. Rooms were comfortable and clean. The gardens were awesome. Nice place to relax. Great addition. Would stay there again! ”
Thank you so much for your review - we'll look forward to your next visit! I'd just like to add a little something about that walk into the center. Not only is it a nice&easy walk - it also leads you down the lovely Mariahilferstrasse shopping avenue. The 'Mahü' (as it's known to locals) is a beloved Viennese hang-out and mostly-car-free urban paradise - another part of Vienna that's not to be missed! Thanks again, and happy travelling!
- 06 May 2015 Michelle USA
“ Wonderful facilities, very clean and comfortable. We loved the garden and bar/lounge area and we had a very comfortable and quiet stay. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful and eager to answer our questions and give us suggestions and instructions. Location was nice, very close to the metro station so it was very easy to get into the center of town. We had a very pleasant stay and I would definitely recommend ”
Hi there, thanks so much for this great review! Come back sometime - maybe this summer, the garden will only get lovelier after all :). Until then, happy travelling!
- 18 Apr 2015 JANE USA
“ The location was kind of far away, but you're very close to the metro so you can get an all day pass and take that wherever you want. The wifi worked just fine. They had a full kitchen and laundry facilities, as well as a bar. ”
Hi, thanks for taking the time to review us, we're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Just a word on our LOCATION - we're actually just a few minutes walk from the lovely Mariahilferstrasse, Vienna's most popular shopping avenue, newly transformed into a gorgeous car-free urban space stretching from the Westbahnhof to the very central Museumsquartier - so no need to jump on the subway to get in on some Viennese action! Thanks again, we'll hope to see you here again sometime!
- 25 Mar 2015 Anonymous USA
“ very good,amazing experience. ”
:) thank you!!!
- 26 Feb 2015 Anonymous China
“ we stay only for a night and it was ok ”
Thanks for your review! Come back & stay for a few nights next time, maybe we can raise that 'ok' up to a 'best hostel ever'. In any case we'll try ;). All the best & happy travelling!
- 31 Jan 2015 Edmond Romania
- “ The location of the hostel is perfect, you can even choose to walk everywhere because is possible. Staff is so friendly and they will help you if you need something. The atmosphere is great, I got to meet some people while I stayed in the hall. You can find a piano and a guitar too. ”
- 26 Dec 2014 Anonymous Albania
- “ This hostel was located near a Metro station and beside a busy street which made getting food and around easy. The hostel's decor was tacky but fun. The staff were really friendly and the vibe of the place was pretty good. I stayed in a 10 bed mixed dorm. I appreciated how they tried to keep the male and female guests separate within the room. It was difficult to share 1 bathroom and 1 shower room between 10 people though. The worst part was the squeaky metal bunk beds and poor heating of rooms. ”
- 08 Dec 2014 Anonymous Canada