Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Honestly, one of the best hostel experiences I've ever had. Great staff, location (right by the main train station and plenty of restaurants/shops), facilities and atmosphere. Plenty of space, but also had a homey vibe. Rooms were built well to accommodate the number of people in each one (with enough bathrooms, outlets, lockers, reading lights, etc.), and there are common areas for both socializing and relaxing. Overall, I highly, highly recommend this place! ”
- 22 Apr 2016 Anonymous USA
“ I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again; the facilities are excellent, the staff is amazingly helpful and friendly, and the atmosphere is one of the best I've ever encountered. The only downside is that it's very hard to leave once the bar opens, and you can miss seeing some of Vienna if you spend too much time hanging out with all the great people! ”
Wow, thanks so much for this awesome review! Come back anytime, we'll be more than happy to distract you once again from the wonders of Vienna :). Until then, happy traveling!
- 14 Apr 2016 Anonymous Canada
“ It is very enjoyable to stay here. Large range of facilities to use, big kitchen with everything you need, large garden with barbecue oven, and especially the bar with excellent atmosphere and you gonna spend you night time everyday here. ”
What a great review, thank you! Come chill with us again some day!
- 08 Apr 2016 Anonymous Hong Kong
“ The only think is that some times zones in hostel are tight (bathroom,some toilet, fridge) ”
Hey there, thanks for your review! We are in one of these pre-war European buildings where space is scarce, so there are a few corners of the house where things get a little cramped (especially since we've devoted so much space to common areas - the hang out room, the bar, our lovely gardens, etc). However, we do our very best to make ideal use of the space we do have, and we're constantly renovating and re-designing in order to make our rooms and facilities as comfortable and accommodating as possible :). Come and see us again sometime - chances are, you'll find our house changed for the better!
- 01 Apr 2016 Karol Poland
- “ Fantastic hostel! Clean sheets, individual wall lights and power sockets for each bed. Breakfast was affordable and tasty. The staff was super nice and helpful in answering my questions about Vienna. The hostel is located on a quiet side street, with an easy 15 minute walk to Schonbrunn Palace and a 5-minute walk to the Westbahnhof metro station. I would love to visit Vienna again one day, and if I do, I will stay here again. ”
- 31 Mar 2016 Jessica USA
“ The staff is very helpful and friendly. It's obvious that they like their jobs a lot. The place is clean and has everything you might need. . ”
You're right - working here is pretty awesome - especially when we get positive feeback like this :). Thanks so much!
- 18 Mar 2016 Anonymous Poland
“ Good location, near weshbahn station. Everything is clean, room, bathroom, toilet and atmosphere Is nice, i like it. After a whole day sightseeing, Hostel Ruthensteiner is perfect for a good sleep to recharge my body ;) if come back to Vienna, i will definitely choose this hostel again. And thank you for upgrade our room from doormitory to private room. Thanks ”
You're very welcome :). Do come see us again sometime!
- 15 Mar 2016 Anonymous Indonesia
“ Amazing info board and desks with everything you'll need to know about your time in Vienna, and suggestions for really cool things. The common area was big and spacious, with super strong wifi throughout the building. Room was small but clean and comfortable, and the facilities were good. Right by the train station and with lots of affordable food options nearby. ”
Wow, thank you - we love terms like 'amazing' :). Come see us again sometime - until then, happy travelling!
- 02 Mar 2016 Anonymous USA
“ One more point for the piano which my friend didn't hesitate to conquer, not only for my pleasure! :) ”
I have to tell you, I love the days when I'm working at reception and get to enjoy a spontaneous piano concert at the same time...or a guitar-and-drum jam session, or someone rocking out on the accordian...our guests are a seriously talented bunch! Thanks so much for this awesome review, and do come back and see us again one day :).
- 27 Feb 2016 Barbara Hungary
- “ Good place to stay. ”
- 17 Feb 2016 Patric