Hostel Santa Monaca
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
“ Hostel closes at 3am. And from 10am to 2pm. Never seen anything like that. Besides this inconvenient it's all good. ”
Dear Guest, the closing time of the roons in the morning are for cleanning, if you need the reception always available to help you, even to go or stay in your room...during the closing time. Thank you for all good :)
- 30 May 2015 Anonymous Brazil
“ The best hostel I have ever been in. ”
Dear Guest thank you so much
- 19 May 2015 Anonymous Turkey
- “ The location and the building are pretty awesome. It's not that expensive and the beds were good. The only thing I hated was the terrible wifi. It was so slow. ”
- 18 May 2015 Benjamin Netherlands
- “ Great hostel, the staff gave us good recommendations for restaurants (excellent recommendation for the gnocchi). The hostel has a kitchenette and common room with tables and benches. Washing machines were available. Clean sheets, room, bathroom. Bathroom in the 10-person dorm room had toilet, sink and mirror (locks in bathroom are finicky), and the shared floor bathroom had multiple toilets and showers. ”
- 14 May 2015 Anonymous Canada
“ Really bad wifi conection. It was easier going to some of the plazza to get free internet than using the Hostel wifi.
Why do you close the Hostel during night. Nobody can go back to the Hostel after 2 am, cause they close the door and don't let you in. (It happend to me)
i've been travelling for long, and this is the first Hostel that gives you an arrivng time.
They have more rules than facilities. ”
Dear Guest, the reception is always at your disposal to find solutions for any kind of problems. Why you didn't ask to us for wi-fi, curfew, rules... We are sorry that you didn't feel well with us.
- 07 May 2015 Maximiliano
- “ Wifi was quite weak in our room- but this may have been the result of a loud school group who were staying here at the same time. Neverthless, a hostel's wifi should be able to handle the hostel's maximum occupancy. Satff could have been more forthcoming with helpful suggestions on exploring Florence, like in other hostels I have been to in other cities. ”
- 23 Mar 2015 Verity Australia
- “ The staff was very friendly, the kitchen was perfect, and the bike rental service was excellent and a great value for the price! ”
- 22 Dec 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ The kitchen has very little equipment for use. Located only a short walk from the city centre. ”
- 29 Nov 2014 Callum New Zealand
- “ if you're lookin for a cheap and easy place to stay, this will do! The showers are on a timer and you have to press the button to make it go again every two minutes, but at least they're warm. You have to make your bed when you get there with sheets they provide and you have to be back by three otherwise the doors lock. Someone was nice enough to come open them for us but he did give us a bit of a lecture. Overall it was worth it. ”
- 17 Oct 2014 zoe USA
- “ Very good place, like a hostel should be, very organized, have everything U need (internet, hot shower, place to leave the luggage before check in or after checkout), place to store your food, recommendations, hot showers. Didn't have breakfast, but not a deal breaker. Highly recommended. ”
- 15 Oct 2014 Anonymous Brazil