Hostel Santa Monaca
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The location and the building are pretty awesome. It's not that expensive and the beds were good. The only thing I hated was the terrible wifi. It was so slow. ”
- 18 May 2015 Benjamin Netherlands
“ Really bad wifi conection. It was easier going to some of the plazza to get free internet than using the Hostel wifi.
Why do you close the Hostel during night. Nobody can go back to the Hostel after 2 am, cause they close the door and don't let you in. (It happend to me)
i've been travelling for long, and this is the first Hostel that gives you an arrivng time.
They have more rules than facilities. ”
Dear Guest, the reception is always at your disposal to find solutions for any kind of problems. Why you didn't ask to us for wi-fi, curfew, rules... We are sorry that you didn't feel well with us.
- 07 May 2015 Maximiliano
- “ Wifi was quite weak in our room- but this may have been the result of a loud school group who were staying here at the same time. Neverthless, a hostel's wifi should be able to handle the hostel's maximum occupancy. Satff could have been more forthcoming with helpful suggestions on exploring Florence, like in other hostels I have been to in other cities. ”
- 23 Mar 2015 Verity Australia
- “ The staff was very friendly, the kitchen was perfect, and the bike rental service was excellent and a great value for the price! ”
- 22 Dec 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ The kitchen has very little equipment for use. Located only a short walk from the city centre. ”
- 29 Nov 2014 Callum New Zealand
- “ if you're lookin for a cheap and easy place to stay, this will do! The showers are on a timer and you have to press the button to make it go again every two minutes, but at least they're warm. You have to make your bed when you get there with sheets they provide and you have to be back by three otherwise the doors lock. Someone was nice enough to come open them for us but he did give us a bit of a lecture. Overall it was worth it. ”
- 17 Oct 2014 zoe USA
- “ Very good place, like a hostel should be, very organized, have everything U need (internet, hot shower, place to leave the luggage before check in or after checkout), place to store your food, recommendations, hot showers. Didn't have breakfast, but not a deal breaker. Highly recommended. ”
- 15 Oct 2014 Anonymous Brazil
- “ Very close to the center of Florence. Good kitchen with everything you need. Great location for daytrips to Siena and Pisa. ”
- 20 Sep 2014 Matthias Germany
- “ Pros: Clean, very friendly and helpful staff, felt safe and definitely the cheap bike rentals (so much fun and they have great bikes!) Cons: Not the most social hostel atmosphere, one outlet for a six person room was definitely an obstacle At the end of the day, it is a good value for the money and I'd stay here again ”
- 12 Sep 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Reception was very nice ,location was little far from train station to go by food so we took bus on the way back,but very close to most places you wont to see, to make shopping as well,cleanliness was ok for the value of money, facilities were very old I think it is belong to monastery ”
- 24 Aug 2014 Tsetsegmaa USA