Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I have stayed in the Hostel Toruma on 5 occasions on my trips to Costa Rica. I think that says it all. ”
- 04 Jul 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ I dropped a friend off here, I was going to stay, but my flight got moved up. There isn't much to see in San Jose, but this hotel is not far from the main walking district by the national theater. There was no one at the hostel when we arrived, I saw no people go in or out, just 3 old men at the pool. Everything required a deposit, lock, etc. They charge a little more than on the street for a taxi if you are going alone, and the driver was very reckless. San Jose is a waste of time. ”
- 30 Jan 2014 Erum USA
- “ The building was very cool. Finding the place is near impossible w/out having to ask a local. The sign is covered by trees, the gate is covered with graffiti. The phone number listed on hostels.com is missing one digit, making it impossible to communicate w/ the staff. The staff was lazy and rude.The woman running the front desk could not have been more unhelpful/unfriendly. The shuttle costs $12/person (which they don't tell you) and they didn't reserve one for us after we requested one. ”
- 14 Jan 2014 Harold USA
- “ Good value for money. The airport shuttle works very good, but the sign of the person who is waiting in the airport is not very clear, they should improve that. ”
- 17 Jul 2013 Anonymous Spain