Hostel Van Gogh
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The hostel owner, David, is really helpful and kind. Great location near by downtown only walking for about 10 minutes to the Mercado Central. ”
- 24 Feb 2015 Jung Seon
“ We were only here for one night as a place to stay before heading to the airport the next morning. They have airport transfer, but you have to book it 24 hours in advance, which didn't know. And their shuttle is VERY expensive. We saved quite a bit by walking up the street to a take a cab. The hostel itself was very nice, clean for the most part, with a great atmosphere. The beds were not very comfortable and it was VERY loud. But, was affordable and ok for one night. ”
First our taxi is very cheap, the rate is $18 US dollars for one person, a normal taxi outside charge between 25-30 US dollars, the problem is the people like this (megan Tippetts) wants everything free! and sorry but extra services are not free
- 10 Jan 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ No room keys or lockers, but you feel safe in the hostel since they open the front door for you. Great place to stay a night while you are traveling through. Free breakfast! ”
- 08 Jun 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ I used Van Gogh as a sort of home base for my travels around Costa Rica. The guy who runs it is kinda helpful, but not really. The place is clean, but the absence of lockers is a huge drawback in my mind. The midnight curfew might also be annoying to some travelers. The girl who works the desk is very helpful and pleasant.The shower is pretty fidgety and it will take you at least a good 5 minutes to find the medium between arctic chill and boiling lava. ”
- 13 May 2014 Anonymous USA