Hostelling International Austin
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Some remodeling going on; didn't affect our visit, tho, and because of that we received a small discount. Staff was so friendly, knowledgeable. Awesome location. Peaceful, but easy to get to downtown, clubs, etc. - longish walk or cheap bus or cab ride. Loved the large common space that has a wall of windows looking out over the deck, green space and lake. Other visitors were mostly nice. Only complaint is the price we were charged was NOT what our reservation quoted. NOT acceptable. ”
- 06 Apr 2014 Jordan USA
- “ If you like peace and quiet far away from the city, lights off at 11 and leaving your room early, video surveillance and old people, this is a great hostel for you. But, if you prefer meeting people, having a beer, getting around easily, sleeping in, enjoying the atmosphere and having fun, you should go somewhere else. The staff was nice and rooms clean, but this is just a really boring hostel for most. They say all HI hostels are alcohol free, but that's not true (NW Portland and Vancouver). ”
- 09 Nov 2013 Sara Norway
- “ What a lovely hostel experience! I would definitely stay there again. Very clean, lots of international visitors, very helpful atmosphere! ”
- 11 Aug 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ I didn't like the showers (no temperature regulation or walls). didn't feel comfortable taking showers there. About the location, is pretty far from downtown. I was traveling alone and without a car. had to come back at night, by my self, by bus and then walk 4 blocks where there is almost nothing. Scary. ”
- 07 Aug 2013 Julia Argentina
- “ Great hostel for just hanging out and doing your own thing. Free food is a plus, and probably makes up for the slight dirtiness of the place. The requirement to do a chore each morning is fine by me, and actually helps remind me that I'm not staying at a hotel or a b&b, and I should try to keep things tidy. Staff is helpful when they need to be. It's definitely one of my favorite hostels so far. ”
- 05 Jun 2013 Anonymous USA