Hostelling International Austin
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ If you like peace and quiet far away from the city, lights off at 11 and leaving your room early, video surveillance and old people, this is a great hostel for you. But, if you prefer meeting people, having a beer, getting around easily, sleeping in, enjoying the atmosphere and having fun, you should go somewhere else. The staff was nice and rooms clean, but this is just a really boring hostel for most. They say all HI hostels are alcohol free, but that's not true (NW Portland and Vancouver). ”
- 09 Nov 2013 Sara Norway
- “ What a lovely hostel experience! I would definitely stay there again. Very clean, lots of international visitors, very helpful atmosphere! ”
- 11 Aug 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ I didn't like the showers (no temperature regulation or walls). didn't feel comfortable taking showers there. About the location, is pretty far from downtown. I was traveling alone and without a car. had to come back at night, by my self, by bus and then walk 4 blocks where there is almost nothing. Scary. ”
- 07 Aug 2013 Julia Argentina
- “ Great hostel for just hanging out and doing your own thing. Free food is a plus, and probably makes up for the slight dirtiness of the place. The requirement to do a chore each morning is fine by me, and actually helps remind me that I'm not staying at a hotel or a b&b, and I should try to keep things tidy. Staff is helpful when they need to be. It's definitely one of my favorite hostels so far. ”
- 05 Jun 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Beautiful setting, friendly & helpful staff, easy access to public transportation, convenient kitchen & other common spaces. Really made my trip a great experience. ”
- 22 Mar 2013 Nora USA