Hostelo the New Urban
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The owners seem to have created the hostel as another way to generate revenue, as it doesn't appear to be the focus of their hotel/hostel business. The beds were custom built, but not of the highest of quality - plywood. Servicable. The linens were clean and towels were free, if requested. In the big dorm, the heating/cooling system made a lot of noise. There were a few long term hostelers, who were nice. There were some short term ones who partied til the early AM, making a lot of noise. ”
- 04 Oct 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ It was a small hostel but clean. The breakfast was great, It was a little bit pity we didn't have time to have delicious waffle on the last day morning. It's pretty noisy at night. There were someone playing guitar even in 2 am in the morning and talked loudly. We didn't fall asleep very well. It was not a very good experience for us to live in the hostel for the first time. ”
- 26 Sep 2014 Anonymous Taiwan
- “ It was no room spared in the hostel dorm. All 8 of us 'fitted' quite 'tightly', as on a 'submarine'!! If you have claustrophobia, would not recommend Dorm A. Otherwise, great!! ”
- 05 Sep 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ The staff were all great and inclusive of everyone at the hostel, creating a fun environment. They always had activities going on and were encouraging people to go along to them! All in all we had a great time at the hostel. Would recommend to others, or stay there again. ”
- 11 Jul 2014 Stacey Australia
- “ This hostel was fantastic! A little outside of the main streets but nice and quiet. The 4 bed rooms were lovely and clean, and the staff were incredibly friendly. No complaints at all! ”
- 02 Jul 2014 Anonymous England
- “ They called me at 8pm on the night of my booking to cancel my stay! Thankfully, they managed to accommodate me, but the area where I stayed looked very average compared to what I could see in the other buildings (and online). I was looking forward to the "built-in bunks/privacy pods", but didn't get this at all. Given the low standard of that area of the hostel, there should be a price difference (basic room vs deluxe?). On the bright side, pancake breakfast was great, staff was very helpful. ”
- 28 Jun 2014 Marie France
- “ The building looks fancy outside but the living space inside is small that I can't even straight my back when siting on the bed. The room I rent was shared with the other 13 females but only with two bathrooms, while one of them with no lighting. ”
- 28 Jun 2014 Anonymous Taiwan
“ Such a fun hostel! Everything is brand new and has great facilities. All the rooms are spread around one common room which encourages socialability and the friendly staff are always keen to come and join in on the fun. When I booked the hostel last weekend, I was a little bit sceptical on what the hostel would be like based on the very few reviews they had. this hostel definately deserves more recognition than its given in hostels.com. Awesome stay guys!! ”
Thank you so much for the glowing review! As you said, we need all the reviews we can get and really appreciate you taking the time to help us out. We LOVED having you!
- 16 May 2014 james