Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ We had a hard time finding this place - our GPS didn't know where it was, and streets are unmarked at most intersections. I would recommend getting clear instructions including landmarks from google maps before trying to find it. The place had a nice outdoor common area with wifi, friendly staff, clean rooms, and a decent breakfast (not free). No hot water in the showers. ”
- 06 Jun 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ This hostel is family run. The son works the front desk most of the day and he is extremely helpful. He helped us figure out the best value for transport to La Fortuna, and made phone calls for us to arrange a car rental. The food is very good. I ate two meals there Breakfast of over-easy eggs with a green mild salsa and dinner of a half avocado stuffed with fresh shrimp and salad, both very yummy. I would eat here again. The rooms are rustic and despite the saggy look of the bed, quite comfy. ”
- 09 Jan 2014 Tara USA
- “ The room was very clean and the facilities were fine. However, our room came with one double bed and one single, and the mattress of the single bed was impossible to sleep on. It had no springs and when you laid down you felt you were sleeping on top of a board. The hotel is reasonably priced, but is not worth the money if you cannot sleep well there. ”
- 07 Jan 2014 Anonymous USA