Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I stayed in three other hotels on my trip to Europe - and a couple that cost double what this did. The Angeline was the best by far though in terms of the experience and friendliness of the owners. My only complaint is that the noise definitely carries, but that's somewhat expected. I had a great two nights on the boat. ”
- 29 Dec 2013 Joshua USA
- “ The Hotelboat is perfect for travelers who appreciate cosiness and a sense of familiarity. The couple who runs the boat are very accommodating and friendly, without being pushy or annoying. They have a good selection for breakfast and plenty of books and reading materials to browse into. Good location, as well and only a few minutes' walk to the central station. We'd say you'd get more than just your money's worth: you also gain a home away from home. :) ”
- 03 Dec 2013 Anonymous Germany
- “ Best hostel I've ever been in the whole Europe! The staff is really sweet! They recept you and explain everything about the city showing the map and all! They show you the room and all, very friendly! I've seen the lady from the hostel packing a little breakfast for a couple that would check out at 4:30 am, this was the cutest thing I've ever seen! Loved this Hostel, confortable, clean, friendly very nice place. I want to go back to Amterdam just to see the staff of the hostel again :) ”
- 01 Nov 2013 Rodolfo Brazil
- “ Good location just next to Nemo science center. Great breakfast and nice rooms and showers. Internet is not super fast but works and is free! ”
- 14 Oct 2013 Anonymous Finland
- “ Very nice hotel and staff. Henk and Cecilia are very helpful. Huge and good breakfast. The concept is really original, living in a boat for some days. Concerning location, this hotel is near NEMO, near Red Light District and you could arrive by walk in 5-10 minutes. I recommend this hotel. ”
- 28 Mar 2013 Godquin France
- “ Hotelboot Angeline was a great find! It was clean and comfortable, our hosts were extremely helpful in showing us where things were, and provided tips for walking around town. Breakfast was plentiful - Dutch pancakes, cheese, meats, breads, butter, jelly, yogurt, cereal, coffee, tea, juice, and milk. Was a unique way to spend time in Amsterdam. ”
- 27 Mar 2013 Anonymous USA