House of Journey
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ A very good guesthouse, completly clean and confortable! The staff was really cool ;) Might miss a bigger area to sitdown and discuss with other travellers, but bars are close so it s ok! ”
- 24 Sep 2015 Anonymous France
- “ House of Journey is a hidden gem located within Georgetown, Penang. Took me only approx. 5 - 10 minutes to walk from the jetty which connects the island to the mainland with regular ferry services. Love the atmosphere - travel brochures readily available on the reception front desk, friendly staff, main lobby wall decorated with photographs of (presumably) owner's travels. Good Wifi connection, personal locker and power points were much appreciated. Certainly value for money! ”
- 02 Aug 2015 Anonymous Singapore
- “ The boss is committed to providing a fine hostel and it was very nice to stay in. ”
- 22 Feb 2015 Anonymous Singapore
- “ This place is THE BEST! Central location to Penang, awesome owners, great vibe of people coming through and very clean facilities. Look no further than here if you're visiting Penang. The owners know the best kept secrets and will happily tell you where to go/eat! It's pretty new so the showers were particularly impressive and lots of Air con throughout. If you appreciate design the interior of the hostel is also particularly great! Had an awesome stay. Highly recommend! ”
- 02 Jan 2015 Gabriel Australia
- “ pros: super nice and helpful staff. good location cons: hot showers didn't work -- best it ever got was a warm shower ”
- 22 Dec 2014 Anonymous USA