IHSP Chicago Hostel at Damen CTA
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ To be honest, my stay was better than I thought! Especially for my 1st time staying in a hostel. The atmosphere was great and everyone got along...from what I could see. The location is awesome! Its right there on the bus line and a 3 minute walk to the train. I went to IHSP from O'hare and it was a direct shot from the train. I WILL be back!! ”
- 19 Mar 2015 Ahsia USA
- “ This was my second time staying at IHSP Chicago. I wasn't too happy with my room - it was incredibly hot, even in the dead of winter, and very loud. I could hear people at the front desk talking and laughing late into the night / early morning. Also, the WiFi was unreliable and often didn't work at all. That said, it's fairly priced, and I love the location. Wicker Park is a cool neighborhood, and it's right by a train station - literally a minute's walk. Great restaurants in the area too. ”
- 14 Feb 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ I was in Chicago for the weekend celebrating my birthday, and I am glad I found this place. It is i a great location, about 5 minutes o so from downtown, the staff was great and I made friends. very pleased. ”
- 23 Jan 2015 jose m Costa Rica
- “ Some of the staff is very nice and helpful BUT I had a problem with the cleaning lady. She came into the room and looked at me and asked: were you supposed to be here? I said I would stay for two more days and she kept glancing at me like I was there illegally. After that she sprayed something on the table to clean and I asked her to please stop because I had allergies. She did it two more times on the floor and swept it.. Just because. The showers are bad. It is the equivalent of a sprinkler ”
- 23 Dec 2014 Natasha Brazil
- “ Excellent hostel with friendly staff. Although located right next to a metro station, the station was closed during our visit due to construction and we had to get off one stop early and take a bus. Wasnt a big deal except for our last day when we had to wait 20 minutes for the bus. All in all, its centrally located and within a short train ride to downtown. 10/10 will stay here on my next visit!!! ”
- 15 Dec 2014 Amulya India