Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I loved my stay at IchiEnSou! I fell in love with the atmosphere as soon as I walked in. It's very chill, has a great ambiance, and the owners did a great job of all the details that make a space memorable! It definitely didn't have the feel of your typical hostel or guesthouse. The owners and staff were really friendly and accommodating. The location was terrific. A bit more security in the dorms would make the place even greater. I wish I'd spent more time there, and will surely go back! ”
- 24 Jun 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ I loved this hostel! It was definitely my favorite that I stayed at while in Japan. The people running it were very friendly and helpful, and the hostel itself was homey and comfortable. The only comment I have was that the dorms lacked things like privacy curtains/barriers I've seen in other hostels. Other than that small deficiency it was fantastic! ”
- 02 Sep 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ great place. It's a very safe place in a great location. ”
- 20 Aug 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Amazing guest house! It is located in the heart of Gion district, close to Yasaka shrine and to the Teramachi/Kawaramachi shopping areas. The rooms and bathrooms are clean, very helpful staff always willing to help. Owner Yashi also lives there which helps with orgsnization, safety, cleanliness. The only thing I miss is a locker for the backpack, which may contain laptop, passport, etc (valuables in general) ”
- 11 Jul 2014 Marcos Brazil
- “ The staff is very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my days, unfornunatly only 3 days. But I would go again, definetly. ”
- 07 Jul 2014 Felix Germany