Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Hi everyone. I strongly recommend this hostel in Kyoto. Perfect location. Clean & cozy. The only thing is that there's only a shower and a WC for girls in the first floor. The guys had to go downstairs to the loo. But all this is just because it's a real old kyotan house. Really good atmosphere and nice staff. ”
- 09 May 2016 Maria
- “ This is my second time to stay in Ichiensou. It is really great to see that the hostel is as nice as it was in my memory. Sure will come back again. ”
- 14 Dec 2015 Anonymous Hong Kong
- “ Excellent accommodation for budget traveller , staffs are nice and come from different conturies. Sure no problem in using English. The location is great that u can go around spots on foot or go to the nearest station. I would definitely go again when I travel to Kyoto next time. ”
- 30 Nov 2015 Anonymous Hong Kong
- “ The cosiest hostel I've stayed at for a long time and the staff was the nicest people ever. Highly recommend this for other travelers and I'm sure I'll be back if I'm in Kyoto again. ”
- 09 Nov 2015 Anonymous Sweden
- “ I loved my stay at IchiEnSou! I fell in love with the atmosphere as soon as I walked in. It's very chill, has a great ambiance, and the owners did a great job of all the details that make a space memorable! It definitely didn't have the feel of your typical hostel or guesthouse. The owners and staff were really friendly and accommodating. The location was terrific. A bit more security in the dorms would make the place even greater. I wish I'd spent more time there, and will surely go back! ”
- 24 Jun 2015 Anonymous Canada