Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Quite simply, the last word in Kyoto accommodation. Safe, friendly, beautiful, cozy and in a great location. ”
- 27 Nov 2013 Anonymous Australia
- “ Amazing hostel right next to the local train for easy transportation. The host was extremely helpful and spoke great English. The atmosphere was very homey and clean. I would definitely go here again, and I definitely recommend ichiensou! ”
- 03 Jun 2013 Brent USA
- “ I really liked it here and stayed longer than planned. The owners are a very nice couple and treat you, although not to unlike for Japan, very well. The whole look and feel of the house and the neighbourhood are awesome, the rooms spacious. If you walk from the main train station it will take you around 40 minutes, but by metro or bus it's quite fast. Plenty of shops and restaurants around. And sometimes there's also an organised visit for all guests to some local restaurants. ”
- 03 Mar 2013 Anonymous Germany
- “ Man, if you are looking for a low key hostel in the old part of town that's close to everything, this is it! Yashi and his family are exceptionally hospitable, always up for a chat and always helped me find where I was going. The 1st night I chanced on him taking us hostelites to a hole-in-the-wall local joint that was awesomely chill and great place that I would never have found without a local! I felt most comfortable here and had many great conversations! I'll stay here anytime I am in Kyoto! ”
- 26 Jan 2013 Ben Canada
- “ This was a lovely place to stay. No lockers provided though so had to keep valuables on me but I knew this going. I would recommend ”
- 18 Jan 2013 Naomi Ireland