Ideal Youth Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Pros: Location and price Cons: No A/C in the rooms just tiny useless fans that add more insult to injury then help (A/C is only in the common area), one maybe two outlets per dorm room, bathroom stalls so small your knees press against the door, questionable cleanliness, rickety beds, staff that struggled to help find early transportation to the airport and wifi not in rooms Finally their private rooms are private, but are really just a dorm room for 12 that is only rented out to two folks ”
- 09 Jul 2016 Adam USA
- “ This place is very large. The bottom floor has a little bar, billiards, ping pong and a useful travel agency. The top floor has a terrace where you eat breakfast and the middle levels are full of dorms. The lockers are quite large and the wifi is reasonably strong. Hostel is a short walk downhill from the main bus station. Staff are helpful and friendly. Highly suggest going on the free walking tour and the local mountains if you have time, but watch out for the street food. ”
- 08 Jul 2016 Adam USA
- “ Location was very good, room was ok, but bathroom was really in wrong condition. ”
- 12 Jun 2016 Anonymous Slovakia
- “ I wonder why there are no advantages to having a YHA membership..... Usually I get a few dollars off per night. ”
- 08 May 2016 wilhelmina Netherlands
- “ I always go to this hostel everytime I travel to Barcelona. The staff is really helpful and the location is really good, just in the middle of Las Ramblas. ”
- 27 Mar 2016 Alex Spain
“ A very good location.Friendly staff. ”
Dear guest, thank you so much for giving us your positive feedback about our hostel! We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your time in Barcelona. We hope to see you again in our city. Kind regards from the staff.
- 14 Oct 2015 Neil England
“ This hostel is amazing; first of all it s 5 meters from the center of the Rambla, the staff is super nice and very friendly, the room are always clean and the bed very comfortable ! They serve the breakfast included in the price that for us was really convenient and also the facilities in the room were more than good. Really happy with this choice !
If I should say a bad side it lacks the internet in the room but it wasn t a problem to me ! ”
Dear guest, thank you for sharing you opinion with us. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay by us, our accommodation and facilities! Our team always works hard in order to give our customers’ the best experience! We’d also like to inform you our wifi service is available at the common area, not in rooms due to maintain a social atmosphere between roommates. This said, we hope you liked visiting Barcelona and see you soon again! Kind regards from IYH Staff
- 08 Aug 2015 Chiara Italy