Ideal Youth Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ It has a great location and that's about it. Their kitchen has only a microwave. I had to request utensils, there were none!!! They have a stove in the back but won't let you use it. The showers are claustraphobic, wifi doesn't work in the rooms, and the street outside is extremely loud. The easily WORST part though is that our entire room for 8 people had ONE outlet and it was used by a fan!!! Even if you have to go further out from the city center, you'll be happier at a different hostel. ”
- 19 Aug 2016 Ashley USA
- “ Pros: Location and price Cons: No A/C in the rooms just tiny useless fans that add more insult to injury then help (A/C is only in the common area), one maybe two outlets per dorm room, bathroom stalls so small your knees press against the door, questionable cleanliness, rickety beds, staff that struggled to help find early transportation to the airport and wifi not in rooms Finally their private rooms are private, but are really just a dorm room for 12 that is only rented out to two folks ”
- 09 Jul 2016 Adam USA
- “ This place is very large. The bottom floor has a little bar, billiards, ping pong and a useful travel agency. The top floor has a terrace where you eat breakfast and the middle levels are full of dorms. The lockers are quite large and the wifi is reasonably strong. Hostel is a short walk downhill from the main bus station. Staff are helpful and friendly. Highly suggest going on the free walking tour and the local mountains if you have time, but watch out for the street food. ”
- 08 Jul 2016 Adam USA
- “ Location was very good, room was ok, but bathroom was really in wrong condition. ”
- 12 Jun 2016 Anonymous Slovakia