Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Really good guest house in walking distance from the town centre. We stayed for seven nights and was very satisfied with our room and the included breakfast, and the staff was most helpful in every way possible during our stay. Maybe not the prettiest of surroundings with the big road so close by, but worth every ISK, and we would definitely stay there again. ”
- 01 Aug 2013 Maja Sweden
- “ We only stayed here one night, but the staff was very polite with us and give us some advices of interesting places en Reykjavik. They were making some improvements in the place but all the facilities were available and noise was minimum. Excelent speed in Wi-fi. ”
- 23 Feb 2013 Raquel Mexico
- “ we only stayed there for one night, but the guy running the place was very friendly and helpful, letting us store our bags there for most of a day after checking out, and even telling us about the likelihood of seeing the northern lights as we were picking our bags up to go (got to see them about 2 minutes after leaving the hostel!). Nothing too flash, but a nice enough place, and not too bad a price given that we booked it during Iceland's biggest event, Airwaves. ”
- 31 Oct 2012 Tracey
- “ The hostel was a great experience, and you definately get value for your money. The staff was very helpful, ang encouraged to call them if they weren't at the premises for some time (but they live futher up in the street). The bathrooms, kitchen and commonareas were always cleen, and the atmosphere quiet and very comfortable. Great for a place you want to go to relax. THe kitchen was also greatly equipped, and you can make pretty much everyhing there (it only lacked ventilation). ”
- 25 Oct 2012 Ann-celin Norway
- “ Thank you very much for our stay at your guesthouse! we had a lovely stay in Reykjavik and if we have friends going there, we will definitely recommend Igdlo Guesthouse ! ”
- 16 Oct 2012 Claus Denmark