Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Friendly staff, location's not that close to Kyoto station but accessible by bus ”
- 18 Nov 2014 Anonymous Hong Kong
- “ Nice atmosphere, in Japanese style but with all necessary Western comforts. The staff was always very helpful and patient. ”
- 10 May 2014 Simone Italy
- “ Quiet hostel. All private rooms. Generally an older crowd that stays here (25+). I had the feeling that I was staying at a place which an acquaintance let me borrow, so we came and left freely. It's a bit far down a small quiet street but the 7/11 convenient store saved our lives! 15 mins walk from Kyoto station. Buy a bus pass from the hostel. (500 yen) It saves you a lot of money! The ramen shop on the main street is awesome! Eat the spicy miso and the fried chicken and get a side of shoots! ”
- 19 Mar 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Everything about this hostel was fantastic. It offers the tradition ryokan style, futon-style mats on the floor with pillows and blanket and your own personal robe. Kyoto isn't a huge city, and the location is in a quiet neighborhood near the Higashi Honganji temple and Gojo metro station. The staff were ever so friendly and pleasant and helpful and we couldn't recommend this place highly enough. ”
- 04 Mar 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Very vriendly staff who speak english and give you a tour of the hostel. The hostel is very nice and traditional Japanese style themed. ”
- 28 Dec 2013 Anonymous Netherlands