Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Nice atmosphere, in Japanese style but with all necessary Western comforts. The staff was always very helpful and patient. ”
- 10 May 2014 Simone Italy
- “ Quiet hostel. All private rooms. Generally an older crowd that stays here (25+). I had the feeling that I was staying at a place which an acquaintance let me borrow, so we came and left freely. It's a bit far down a small quiet street but the 7/11 convenient store saved our lives! 15 mins walk from Kyoto station. Buy a bus pass from the hostel. (500 yen) It saves you a lot of money! The ramen shop on the main street is awesome! Eat the spicy miso and the fried chicken and get a side of shoots! ”
- 19 Mar 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Everything about this hostel was fantastic. It offers the tradition ryokan style, futon-style mats on the floor with pillows and blanket and your own personal robe. Kyoto isn't a huge city, and the location is in a quiet neighborhood near the Higashi Honganji temple and Gojo metro station. The staff were ever so friendly and pleasant and helpful and we couldn't recommend this place highly enough. ”
- 04 Mar 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Very vriendly staff who speak english and give you a tour of the hostel. The hostel is very nice and traditional Japanese style themed. ”
- 28 Dec 2013 Anonymous Netherlands
- “ Very convenient location. The reception staff was fluent in English. They were very helpful providing us with all the info we might need and loads of maps. Their bike rental service made our trip all that more pleasant. The room was comfortable,the cleaning staff efficient,and the washing machine was a bonus. Generally we were very satisfied with our stay. Also,the reception closes at 22:00. ”
- 12 Aug 2013 Anonymous Greece