India House Backpackers Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ We stayed only for 1 one, and everything was great. Staff is really friendly and they help us in everything we needed. The location is great and I recommend this hostel. I would definitely stay here again. ”
- 10 Apr 2017 PAOLA Mexico
- “ India House is a party hostel, or at least it was when I was there! If that is what you are looking for, you will love it - people are social and it has a lot of character. I found it hard to sleep the first night because of the noise, however the staff were accommodating and moved me to a quieter room. It is a scruffy and the bunks are basic, but if you have some ear plugs you will be able to sleep. All in all a fun hostel but not ideal for anyone looking for complete peace and quiet. ”
- 16 Mar 2017 Sally USA
- “ The hostel was super close to the French Quarter. A 24 hour ticket for the street cars costs 3 $. And the next street car stop is right next to the hostel. It is a good place for people on a budget. If you don’t need a luxury accommodation this is a good place to stay for a couple of nights. ”
- 21 Feb 2017 Paula Carlotta Germany
- “ This place was honestly amazing. I met so many awesome people, including the staff. The location was perfect for me because I did not want to be in the French Quarter all the time. The streetcar is literally steps from the hostel. The owners do have a cat though so if you are allergic just a fyi. The rooms were clean, I don't know why people have said they never see anyone cleaning. Honestly, the cleaning crew were probably in our wing more than we were. I would definitely stay again. ”
- 28 Dec 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ I loved the atmosphere and decor. It is a hostel not a hotel. I met people from all over. I liked the 30 second walk to the street car to the French Quarter. Nothing fancy but then again I didn't want a stuffy Hotel. Water was hot, beds had a decent mattress, staff was friendly, people were great. Exactly why I love to stay at Hostels. I read many negative reviews, if you are a snob DON'T STAY AT A HOSTEL! Simple as that. I love hostels for what they are a hostel! I travel alone to meet people! ”
- 24 Sep 2016 cynthia USA