India House Backpackers Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The accomodation is pretty average, had a padlock to close our door that was held on by tape. The hostel has a brunch that is very well priced as well as great dinners. Atmosphere was fantastic though. Even with the average accomodation we will be coming back for the atmosphere alone!!! ”
- 11 Jul 2015 Daniel England
- “ India House Hostel was an eclectic and unique experience in Mid-City New Orleans. The staff was somewhat friendly, but upon check-in we were a bit confused about the services that hostel offered, and I was a bit surprised that there was no option for a blanket as only a flat sheet was given to us. This may make sense as New Orleans tends to be humid and hot during summer, but the AC in the room was a bit too low. Rooms and facilities were fairly clean. Great breakfast and dinner! Pool open! ”
- 29 Jun 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ One of the best hostels ever - definitely the best I've seen in the US ”
- 04 Jun 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ It was a pleasure staying there. The staff was very good and the hostel had pretty mych a person can expect (A good running kitchen, coffee, Vending Machine chips, soda, etc., Fridge, ATM, etc.) ”
- 29 May 2015 Anonymous India
- “ If you've seen the movie 'Fight Club,' this hostel looks like the house they squat in. It definitely helps reinforce those stereotypes about American hostels being far, far below the standards of European hostels. Was by far the most disgusting hostel I've ever stayed in. Flies everywhere. Bugs in the bathroom. No reading lights on beds. Two outlets in an 8-bed room. Super small lockers. Afraid of sitting on the couch for fear of getting a skin disease, etc. etc. ”
- 26 May 2015 Jenna