India House Backpackers Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ It was a pleasure staying there. The staff was very good and the hostel had pretty mych a person can expect (A good running kitchen, coffee, Vending Machine chips, soda, etc., Fridge, ATM, etc.) ”
- 29 May 2015 Anonymous India
- “ If you've seen the movie 'Fight Club,' this hostel looks like the house they squat in. It definitely helps reinforce those stereotypes about American hostels being far, far below the standards of European hostels. Was by far the most disgusting hostel I've ever stayed in. Flies everywhere. Bugs in the bathroom. No reading lights on beds. Two outlets in an 8-bed room. Super small lockers. Afraid of sitting on the couch for fear of getting a skin disease, etc. etc. ”
- 26 May 2015 Jenna
- “ The hostel was great in terms of 24-hour service, good kitchen facilities, social atmosphere etc. However, only one bathroom/shower per floor is not really enough in my opinion, and overall cleanliness in the rooms and the rest of the hostel was not very good. ”
- 21 May 2015 Malin Sweden
- “ Poor location, dirty rooms, ripped up bed? Below average, I also felt sorry for the poor girl sleeping across from the 50 year old man. What hostel would allow an old man to be in a mixed dorm? Staff let me off $2 for the key so I could pay them back in 10hours, then demanded a tip. Ok then. How about your staff have a smile on there faces this was a really bad experience. I was also travelling by myself incredibly uninviting! I am Australian I never right bad reviews ”
- 13 May 2015 William Australia
- “ Very nice, charming, clean hostel. Highly recommend it! ”
- 12 May 2015 Nathalie Canada