India House Backpackers Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This hostel is great - brilliant communal areas, great atmosphere, seems to be an old institution and works like a well oiled machine. Main complaint, though its not a super serious one, was that they only accept cash payments. Seems pretty silly when they have an online booking system, and the whole place is such a big operation. Anyway, they do have an ATM onsite, though it's withdraw fees are significant. ”
- 22 May 2014 Vaughan Australia
- “ This is a great place. 24 hour reception was really handy as I didn't end up arriving until midnight. The swimming pool and deck area is a nice place to just chill out and relax. The common area outside is great for having a few drinks and meeting other travelers. Location is really good as it is virtually outside a tram stop so very easy getting to downtown and the French Quarter. ”
- 18 May 2014 Anthony New Zealand
- “ On the phone the staff was very helpful in confirming reservations, upon arrival (late due to weather en route) the hostel's private rooms had been overbooked, so I had to spend the night in a bunk room. No complaints on the bunk room, just not what I was expecting. The next morning as soon as a room was cleared I was moved in to a Twin Private. The room was very clean and private bathroom were very clean. The only interruption was sound carrying in the AM from people in the hallway. ”
- 09 May 2014 Anonymous USA