India House Backpackers Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Good Location and Good Atmosphere! ”
- 23 Oct 2013 Travis USA
- “ Very nice place to meet new people. A little bit too far from downtown but the trolleys run all night long. ”
- 22 Oct 2013 Anonymous France
- “ I was only in New Orleans for a few days and I was out and about for most of those. The India house was comfortable and I was close to public transportation. It looked like a great place to hang out or to just as a layover for your New Orleans adventures. ”
- 11 Oct 2013 Terence USA
- “ India House was a great place to stay. It was very easy to get to the main attractions of New Orleans on just a few dollars using the street cars and buses. If you stay on Canal and don't venture farther than the first block it feels very safe. Glad for the 24 hour service since we checked in later at night. ”
- 09 Oct 2013 Sarah USA
- “ The kitchen was pretty well equipped, the oven, especially many refrigerators with enough room, ice etc... But it all doesn't make much sense if you can cook your stuff, but then don't have any silverware to eat it with! You should really do something about that. ”
- 11 Sep 2013 Elise Germany
- “ The hostel has flair, that is for sure. The neighbourhood is probably not the greatest around New Orleans and if you're looking for someting right at the center, this would not be the right hostel. But getting around is really easy, the street car that takes you downtown is right across the street. The staff is really friendly and helpful and there are always people hanging out around the backyard! If you're up for a little adventure: Go for it! ”
- 06 Sep 2013 Anonymous Germany