India House Backpackers Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I would not recommend booking through hostels.com as it does not allow you to ask questions. For example, for my stay I had the first two nights in a coed dorm, then three nights in an all male dorm. The coed dorm was 300% more acceptable than the male dorm. The coed dorm was well-heated, quiet, had enough power outlets, and a shared bathroom. The male dorm was a hellhole full of 21 year old drunken fools, it was cold, loud and had almost no power outlets; simple conversation would have helped. ”
- 26 Mar 2013 Shawn USA
- “ Great location, just down Canal street from the French Quarter. Our stay was short- only a night- but appreciated all the amenities. The showers were great, water pressure a little weak, but for the most part clean. Two complaints: 1. We booked a 6-bed room but were given an 8-bed room. 2. My bedding wasn't ready when we arrived and were never given to us by the time we were heading to bed. However I brought my own so it wasn't a big deal. Overall good experience. ”
- 26 Mar 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ The excellent courtyard common space makes it easy to meet fellow travelers. The staff is friendly and helpful. ”
- 24 Mar 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ The India House Hostel was phenomenal. It surpassed all expectations. The community there is great, it is right on the Canal Street line, and they serve and awesome, cheap breakfast and dinner. The only complaint I had was noise- but that was an issue with the people in our building, not the hostel itself. We met some great people on the outside deck area and enjoyed the friendliness of the staff. I will recommend this place to everyone I know heading down the NOLA. ”
- 16 Mar 2013 Hannah USA