International Student Center
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ staff unfriendly, not enough bathrooms, wi fi is not working in rooms, kitchen was too far away from rooms (we were on the 4th floor kitchen is on the ground level, especially in summer it is annoying to walk so many steps only for getting water, because there are no water fountains), expensive luggage storage fees (every hostel I've been so far did it for free) ”
- 24 Jun 2016 Elisabeth
- “ This hostel is an excellent choice cost/benefit. Staff is very kind. Environment is nice. Locations are clean and adequate. Only a suggestion, in the bedrooms would be nice to have a minimum space to put personal things (a little shelf, maybe). Because it was a little uncomfortable leave all your personal things above your bed. Eight people in a small room is a little crowded and you do not find where put your few things! ”
- 13 Jun 2016 Angela Colombia
- “ It's a good location where the parks, restaurants and bars are in walk distance. Also the subway station was close by. The hostel is very easy and a good spot if you plan to spend the day outside in the city and only come there for sleeping! ”
- 04 May 2016 Freya Constanze Germany
- “ The location of the hostel is pretty good, which makes guests get easily access to subway, convenience store and park. In terms of facilities, its not bad considering the low lodging expense. You need to pay more attention not to make noise to others in the room because of its wooden floor. The lounge is pretty cozy and comfortable enough to have relaxing time. If you are to stay in New York for a short period of time and save money, ISC would be the best choice. ”
- 17 Apr 2016 Anonymous South Korea
- “ The hostel was in Brooklyn but close to the subway station. The rooms and other facilities were clean. But the walls didn't reach the ceilling and it was way too loud. NOBODY could have a private conversation, you could hear the conversation of everyone on your floor, every cough, evevery foot step, door etc. The night was a nightmare depsite the ear plugs offered at the reception. Thank God, I only stayed for a night.There was a big kitchen but no breakfast included. ”
- 01 Apr 2016 Paulina France
- “ Great location!! Cheap and nice service. The room have stinky smell because it's a old building. There is not enough plug in to charge a mobile phone for everyone in the room. However, it's worth the price $50 per bed ”
- 06 Aug 2015 Anonymous Thailand