International Student Center
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The location of the hostel is pretty good, which makes guests get easily access to subway, convenience store and park. In terms of facilities, its not bad considering the low lodging expense. You need to pay more attention not to make noise to others in the room because of its wooden floor. The lounge is pretty cozy and comfortable enough to have relaxing time. If you are to stay in New York for a short period of time and save money, ISC would be the best choice. ”
- 17 Apr 2016 Anonymous South Korea
- “ The hostel was in Brooklyn but close to the subway station. The rooms and other facilities were clean. But the walls didn't reach the ceilling and it was way too loud. NOBODY could have a private conversation, you could hear the conversation of everyone on your floor, every cough, evevery foot step, door etc. The night was a nightmare depsite the ear plugs offered at the reception. Thank God, I only stayed for a night.There was a big kitchen but no breakfast included. ”
- 01 Apr 2016 Paulina France
- “ Great location!! Cheap and nice service. The room have stinky smell because it's a old building. There is not enough plug in to charge a mobile phone for everyone in the room. However, it's worth the price $50 per bed ”
- 06 Aug 2015 Anonymous Thailand
- “ Not very clean but in a nice Neighborhood. You can not take your luggage in to your room, they will close the office from 11pm until 8am so you can not reach your staff ! No Wifi. ”
- 10 Jul 2015 Carlotta Germany
- “ Amazing location, steps from the AMNH, Central Park, and the subway, really fun staff, I found the other guests really fun, too (though I guess this is a matter of chance), didn't feel sketched out at all, good kitchen, and well stocked. Loved it. Loved it! And if you're lucky, you can get wifi from a neighbour guest account, so there's that, if you're worried. Otherwise, there's a Starbucks a block and a half away, and wifi almost everywhere in NYC. ”
- 21 May 2015 Anonymous Canada