Islas 8817 Guesthouse
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This hostel is not as close to the airport and the description leads you to believe... and if you need a blanket or sheet to cover yourself, be prepared to pay extra for it. In addition to that, when I stayed there only one bathroom was functioning in the entire hostel. ”
- 04 Feb 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Well, you get what you pay for. It's a cheap airport hostel in the Philippines. It's security is good, but too good. You have to be personally let in which makes it uncomfortable to come back at night, or go and come as you please. It's dirty, and the mosquitos at night are an enormous issue (as anywhere in Manila, but a simple fan or mosquito net pretty much takes care of that). The woman is nice enough though, and it is indeed very close to the airport (international terminal at least). ”
- 02 Feb 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Upon arrival I asked for a key for my dorm and staff thought I was crazy, then told me the lock is broken. Bed wasn't ready when I arrived at 2am w/ reservation. No lockers available, mosquito infested bathroom w/ leaking sink, dog that barked/growled at me when I tried to use the bathroom during the night. Room was dirty and seemed to be undergoing work. I was one of 2 ppl staying there in a location that felt isolated and insecure. Felt like someone's broken down home, not a guesthouse. ”
- 14 Jan 2013 Anonymous USA