J-Hoppers Hida Takayama Guesthouse
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I couldn't ask for more, we booked a private room, and it was like a traditional ryokan room, very clean , equipped with air conditioner , fan and hangers. we could lock our room so it was very convenient. The facilities are great , there is huge kitchen and tv room. Close to the hostel there is a river with carps, you can enter there, so it is great during the summer. There is also a place where you can try ashiyu, let you feet in hot water. It is for free ”
- 11 Aug 2013 Anonymous Brazil
- “ Nice hostel, great location, friendly staff :) my 00.30 check in time was no problem, and it meant getting a 6 bed dorm all to myself! Each bed had privacy curtains, not that I needed them! Having stayed in J-hoppers before I got enough points for a free set of lovely postcards of Hida and Takayama! Awesome! Possibly a little quiet for any party animals, but then so is Takayama! I always stay in J-hoppers as my first choice :) ”
- 22 Jun 2013 Justine Wales
- “ Guest house is old. Staff is not friendly compare to other chain of hostel that I used to stay. Kitchen is quite small have no place to everyone. It was smelly when someone cooking. ”
- 26 Apr 2013 Duangthida
- “ Almost perfect except to bring your own towels or you may have to pay for it. ”
- 29 Mar 2013 Anonymous Malaysia
- “ The J-Hoppers in Takayama is a nice place to stay if you want to not only explore the city but also the Takayama/Gero region. They offer tours to various destinations but will also give you advice if you want to go by your own. Great kitchen, where you are also able to properly cook something. In most J-Hoppers there is some food evening from time to time which is fun to get to know each other better. And it's never wrong to bring some sake if you want to make good friends;) ”
- 07 Mar 2013 Anonymous Germany
- “ This was a great hostel. The staff were very friendly. Location of the hostel was half way between the JR line and the historical part of town which was convenient. It was a short walk to anywhere in the community and close to a number of restaurants. Take the trip to Shirakawa-go...it was well worth it. Great accommodations. ”
- 26 Feb 2013 Anonymous Canada