J-Hoppers Kyoto Guest House
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Convenient and easy with a good location, would come again! ”
- 18 Jul 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ My favourite part about this hostel was the staff. Very friendly and helpful! The place was very clean and had a great kitchen and common room area. ”
- 23 Jun 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ Room was a bit musty the first night but better the second. Still slept okay since the beds and such were comfortable. Could do with a lower setting on the AC and some fresh air. ”
- 13 Jun 2015 Matthew USA
- “ Excellent, warm and genuinely useful greeting by Yuria. Lots of tips given on what to see and do, and how to get there. Clean beds and linens and facilities. Would definitively stay here again! ”
- 31 May 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ I had NO problem finding it and it was literally under 10 min walk from Kyoto station. What I didn't like was the stuffiness of the room, it smelled musky (granted it was a rainy day and a mixed dorm) but ventilation could have been better and the AC did not produce clean smelling cool air. The beds were decent with privacy curtains but the beds creaked a lot. The people that slept in the room were also very rude w/ no hostel etiquette. WE ARE ALL TIRED BE QUIET! I ”
- 01 Nov 2014 Catherina USA
- “ The staff was friendly and extremely helpful and the facility is what you would expect from a hostel. The only improvement I can think of is they should have a way to make rental towels available at all hours as some people (like me) get up early to shower and you can't get a towel before 8 A.M. If you don't want to pay ridiculous hotel prices and are ok with the hostel atmosphere, then I would definitely recommend J-Hoppers. ”
- 09 Oct 2014 William USA