J-Hoppers Kyoto Guest House
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This hostel is a good value for the money. It's easily accessible by bus line, & has bikes available for rent (or free if you stay 3 nights). The hostel is pretty clean outside of the showers, so bring shoes. I'd also recommend ear plugs as the road outside is quite busy. The amenities are good like books to read, slippers & toiletries to use, & a large washer & dryer for a few Yen. The place could use some fresh paint, but overall I'd recommend staying here & try out other J-Hoppers. ”
- 01 May 2016 Erin USA
- “ If there is elevator or some how help guest to bring luggages to room then it will be excellent, 100%. ”
- 08 Apr 2016 Anonymous Singapore
- “ Stayed in a Japanese traditional private room - Pros: Uses an electric lock, staff friendly and willing to start conversations, VERY clean (almost like a higher end hotel), cheap considering the size of the room we got (a decent 8 tatami mat size) and washrooms were immaculate. Cons: Located on the south side of Kyoto station (more residential area compared to the north) but still a 2 minute walk from a subway station, no elevator (private room was on the 5th floor). ”
- 12 Oct 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ Convenient and easy with a good location, would come again! ”
- 18 Jul 2015 Anonymous USA