Jaffa Gate Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
“ Security - Bottom half of room doors are flimsy aluminum panels, which could easily be pushed in.
Facilities - Beds had cheap 10 cm camping type mattresses, very uncomfortable; no shower curtain in bath room; barely any cold water in shower; no internet/wti-fi access except within 3 m of router ”
We have been in this business more than 35 years and we never had even 1 security problem, you need to see other hostels around us, the police visit them more than guests.
- 29 Jul 2015 ERIC B USA
- “ The people from the hostel are very kind and helpfull. The accommodation is dirty. If you don't mind, its oké. Good place for less money ”
- 26 Jul 2015 Jeannette Netherlands
- “ I really felt I was welcomed at the hostel. Atmosphere was very nice and staff was very friendly. ”
- 10 Jul 2015 Sirpa Finland
- “ Excellent location within The Old City ( right after entering the Jaffa Gate. Quiet for being in the hustle and bustle of the market there. Needs updating in the bathroom but tolerable as spending more time out than in hostel ”
- 27 Jun 2015 shawn USA
“ Don't plan on doing laundry here. Too expensive. But the staff are very helpful and accommodating. ”
Dear Guest, i think you got confused, we don't offer any laundry service here how come its expensive!!
- 19 Jun 2015 Danae USA
- “ The owner cum receptionist Asam was a kind, friendly and helpful person. I felt welcomed and safe at the hostel. The beds and facilities are very basic. However I was out of my room most of the time, coming back only to have a good shower and sleep. I slept well throughout my 5 nights stay there. The location is great. The Jaffa Gate is one of the prominent gates leading to most of the important sites throughout the old city. ”
- 13 Jun 2015 Anonymous Singapore
- “ The staff was incredibly nice and I would recommend others to stay there if they do not know how to nvm age the city. It is in a good location and the staff is extremely helpful. I didn't feel safe I the area, not necessarily the hostel itself. But was good for 1 night. ”
- 21 May 2015 Dana USA
- “ Staff makes the whole difference! Kind and helpful. The facilities and acommodation in general is average, but Location is worth it ! ”
- 19 May 2015 Anonymous
- “ smells like an old cellar, smelled like mildew. Not a good feeling to og to sleep in such poor indoor enviroment ”
- 10 Apr 2015 Mari Norway
“ Everything was awesome. The lack of ventilation in our room was tough sometimes. Otherwise was great. Most rooms have windows though. Owners and staff are really helpful and all around awesome people. ”
Thanks Karim, You and your friend are the Awesome ones
- 14 Mar 2015 Anonymous Germany