Jaffa Gate Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I stayed at Jaffa hostel for five days. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and the staff went out of their way to assist me in anything that I wanted. I would recommend Jaffa Hostel for a good experience. The rooms were to a very acceptable standard and cleaned everyday. Shower facilities were also very good with consistent hot water. What more could anyone want from a Hostel? ”
- 09 Mar 2016 ZUBER England
- “ Wonderful situation in the old city, excelent roof view over Jerusalems ancient quarter with direct look to the grave-church. Atmosphere and cleanliness could be better, but for that price, it´s still more than ok. ”
- 30 Dec 2015 Simon Italy
“ Security - Bottom half of room doors are flimsy aluminum panels, which could easily be pushed in.
Facilities - Beds had cheap 10 cm camping type mattresses, very uncomfortable; no shower curtain in bath room; barely any cold water in shower; no internet/wti-fi access except within 3 m of router ”
We have been in this business more than 35 years and we never had even 1 security problem, you need to see other hostels around us, the police visit them more than guests.
- 29 Jul 2015 ERIC B USA
- “ The people from the hostel are very kind and helpfull. The accommodation is dirty. If you don't mind, its oké. Good place for less money ”
- 26 Jul 2015 Jeannette Netherlands
- “ I really felt I was welcomed at the hostel. Atmosphere was very nice and staff was very friendly. ”
- 10 Jul 2015 Sirpa Finland
- “ Excellent location within The Old City ( right after entering the Jaffa Gate. Quiet for being in the hustle and bustle of the market there. Needs updating in the bathroom but tolerable as spending more time out than in hostel ”
- 27 Jun 2015 shawn USA