Jaffa Gate Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
“ Don't plan on doing laundry here. Too expensive. But the staff are very helpful and accommodating. ”
Dear Guest, i think you got confused, we don't offer any laundry service here how come its expensive!!
- 19 Jun 2015 Danae USA
- “ The staff was incredibly nice and I would recommend others to stay there if they do not know how to nvm age the city. It is in a good location and the staff is extremely helpful. I didn't feel safe I the area, not necessarily the hostel itself. But was good for 1 night. ”
- 21 May 2015 Dana USA
- “ Staff makes the whole difference! Kind and helpful. The facilities and acommodation in general is average, but Location is worth it ! ”
- 19 May 2015 Anonymous
- “ smells like an old cellar, smelled like mildew. Not a good feeling to og to sleep in such poor indoor enviroment ”
- 10 Apr 2015 Mari Norway
“ Everything was awesome. The lack of ventilation in our room was tough sometimes. Otherwise was great. Most rooms have windows though. Owners and staff are really helpful and all around awesome people. ”
Thanks Karim, You and your friend are the Awesome ones
- 14 Mar 2015 Anonymous Germany
- “ Very interesting 3-storeyed stone building with great city view from the top, helpful and pleasant staff, the best location you could imagine if you come to visit Old City. WiFi in the lobby, shared bathroom,toilet and kitchen. If you need atmosphere and money saving more than extra comfort - this place is what you should choose for your stay in Jerusalem. ”
- 02 Jan 2015 OLGA Russia
- “ Nor, the frontdesk man was very nice and helpful. The location of the hostel is right in the Old City, in the Christian Quarter, close to everything. There were lots of places to sit/common rooms inside and out, which was great. There was also a nice panorama of the Old City from the roof, as well, pretty, but not the best for a very tall person like me! The room was basic, the bed was clean with lots of blankets. There was no heater in the room and the bathroom was old and not clean. ”
- 24 Dec 2014 Jennifer
“ Thank you Jaffa Gate Hostel for your great rooms and helpful staff! See you next year inshallah. ”
You the best Jenny :)
- 20 Oct 2014 Jenny USA