Jailhouse Accommodation Christchurch
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ High point: This is also a historic building with history and art instead of only being a hostel. We explored around when we were free during our stay including the original cell with inmates' paintings on the wall. There are quite areas for the customers to read a book or do work on laptop. The bike hire is available for competitive rate. There are many catering places nearby. Low point: The female toilet at the end upstairs does not flush smoothly. I always had to repeat it for a few times. ”
- 15 Oct 2016 Brandy China
- “ Huge, very clean kitchen, super friendly staff who'll help you whenever you need it, great wifi in the lobby (less so in the rooms), all in all really enjoyed my stay :) ”
- 08 Mar 2016 Guus Netherlands
- “ So much fun staying in a historic jail! Due to the venue, the bathrooms and showers are predictably small, and it is a fair walk from downtown, but there are amenities around the jail. Stayed in a 10 bed dorm and had an ensuite bathroom which was very helpful. Each bed had two power points, perfect for charging. Large lockers in the room was very nice. ”
- 10 Jan 2016 Anonymous Canada
- “ Nice place with very friendly and helpful staff. Close to a great breakfast restaurant (Bean Scene Café) and only like 20 minutes of walking to city center. ”
- 18 Dec 2015 Johan Sweden