Jailhouse Accommodation Christchurch
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ So much fun staying in a historic jail! Due to the venue, the bathrooms and showers are predictably small, and it is a fair walk from downtown, but there are amenities around the jail. Stayed in a 10 bed dorm and had an ensuite bathroom which was very helpful. Each bed had two power points, perfect for charging. Large lockers in the room was very nice. ”
- 10 Jan 2016 Anonymous Canada
- “ Nice place with very friendly and helpful staff. Close to a great breakfast restaurant (Bean Scene Café) and only like 20 minutes of walking to city center. ”
- 18 Dec 2015 Johan Sweden
- “ Even though our stay was short lived, I thought it was a unique experience!! I would definitely recommend this place and would love to stay again. Only thing that we had trouble with was the internet being slow. ”
- 03 Apr 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Strangely, our "jail cell" was bigger than some hostel rooms that we've stayed in. The staff was warm, welcoming, and helpful with advice. The place was clean. It's jail, so of course it's secure. A fun place to try something new. Wifi was strong. My only complaint is that the kitchen can get a bit crowded if many guests happen to use it at once. ”
- 16 Feb 2015 Anonymous USA