Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ It was great fun, we loved it ”
- 18 Feb 2014 joseph USA
- “ I have absolutely no complaints about this place, but I would not rate it as excellent other than the staff and the cleanliness. I stayed there for the novelty value of staying in a former jail AND because, making reservations kind of at the last minute, I did not have that many choices. But overall I'm still very happy I stayed there. ”
- 30 Jan 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ One of the greatest hostels in Christchurch. It's very clean and the staff is always nice and open minded. The jail atmosphere is funny and unique. In short the only jail I don't mind living in. ”
- 17 Jan 2014 Bolatito Germany
- “ The Hostel was very warming. The staff were extremely friendly and ensured that i was always catered for and even became friends with them and hangout out after working hours. The Jailhouse Accommodation had great facilities and at all times were in a clean condition. The atmosphere of the hostel is great and it attracts pleasant travels. I would highly recommend this hostel as it catered for all my needs and it was good value for money. ”
- 14 Jan 2014 Jonathan New Zealand
- “ We had a twin room and felt really safe in our room because it is an old jail. ”
- 16 Nov 2013 Nadia Australia