Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ We had a twin room and felt really safe in our room because it is an old jail. ”
- 16 Nov 2013 Nadia Australia
- “ So noisy. People talking normally perhaps but it seemed really loud at 3 and 4 in the morning. Because of the design of the jailhouse guests would need to keep the volume down and not talk in normal tones as the voice was magnified by the brick walls. There was a notice asking people not to talk loudly yet one of the group at the tables was the chap who'd been behind the desk. ”
- 27 Dec 2012 Basia Wales
- “ I rated the hostel location as "good" as there isn't much on in the city at the moment, and next to the hostel you'll find Domino's, Burger King and a couple of bars. The atmosphere is nice, but security needs improvement: Lockers should be provided in every room or in the main hallway. I rated facilities as good to achieve a better score but I believe that a pool table and similar things would be nice additions. Still, this is the place to be in after-quake Christchurch and staff is awesome. ”
- 10 Dec 2012 Anonymous Germany