Jam Hostel Kyoto Gion
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH RUDE STAFF. They cancelled my reservation while I was ON MY WAY THERE. They treat customers with disabilities horribly, saying "it's not our problem you didn't read that there are stairs." I was charged for a four night stay that THEY cancelled on me and didn't even have the decency to notify me about. No email, no phone call, NOTHING. I travel all over the world and this has got to be the worst experience in the service industry I have ever had to deal with. ”
- 27 Oct 2013 Smita USA
- “ Very good location and excellent facilities. You just walk 10 meters from subway station and very close to an excellent food and nightlife district. It also has a nice sake bar and the wi-fi speed was very fast. Overall highly recommended! ”
- 26 Oct 2013 Anonymous Denmark
- “ No privacy curtains on beds, and we could not choose our own beds, even though they were nearly all empty when we arrived. Staff was extremely inflexible on this point, and I wonder why. ”
- 20 Oct 2013 Anonymous Denmark
- “ Good hostel. Dorms, showers, toilets work well. Downstairs is a sake bar where you can hang out and drink. Some really nice people work here and it's easy to meet people. Close to the hostel you can find a sushi restaurant and about a thousand small bars and pubs (across the river). Bicycle rental nearby. ”
- 16 Sep 2013 Anonymous Finland