Jam Hostel Kyoto Gion
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH RUDE STAFF. They cancelled my reservation while I was ON MY WAY THERE. They treat customers with disabilities horribly, saying "it's not our problem you didn't read that there are stairs." I was charged for a four night stay that THEY cancelled on me and didn't even have the decency to notify me about. No email, no phone call, NOTHING. I travel all over the world and this has got to be the worst experience in the service industry I have ever had to deal with. ”
- 27 Oct 2013 Smita USA
- “ Very good location and excellent facilities. You just walk 10 meters from subway station and very close to an excellent food and nightlife district. It also has a nice sake bar and the wi-fi speed was very fast. Overall highly recommended! ”
- 26 Oct 2013 Anonymous Denmark
- “ No privacy curtains on beds, and we could not choose our own beds, even though they were nearly all empty when we arrived. Staff was extremely inflexible on this point, and I wonder why. ”
- 20 Oct 2013 Anonymous Denmark
- “ Good hostel. Dorms, showers, toilets work well. Downstairs is a sake bar where you can hang out and drink. Some really nice people work here and it's easy to meet people. Close to the hostel you can find a sushi restaurant and about a thousand small bars and pubs (across the river). Bicycle rental nearby. ”
- 16 Sep 2013 Anonymous Finland
- “ very nice place, close to subway and point of interests. Staffs are impressively nice. ”
- 11 Aug 2013 Anonymous China
- “ We found the hostel very noisy. Lockers are inside the room and when other guests wanted to take something out from the lockers they wake you up. Air conditioning was so cold that we though we were about to get sick. The hostel is also very narrow and so tiny that common room semed to be an interview room than a common room. ”
- 08 Aug 2013 OLGA Spain