Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Jimmy is amazing! Anything you need he will help you figure it out or get it done. I was up there on vacation from Tokyo and I forgot something there that was supposed to be a gift and he mailed it to me! That is great service. And being able to communicate with others in English when I travel is by no means a requirement for me, but Jimmy does speak perfect English and it was really nice to get to chat with him. ”
- 21 Aug 2014 Sarah USA
- “ Jimmyz was very comfortable and cozy. The staff person was very helpful, he gave a lot of advice on what to see and do. ”
- 18 Aug 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Not a bad stop over in sapporo; only spent about 8 hours here so I'm not the most qualified to judge, seemed decent though. Only one shower which could be frustrating, however, not entirely unusual for japan. ”
- 05 Aug 2014 Daniel USA
- “ Jimmy the owner is very welcoming, informative and speaks fluent english. The facilities are fantastic as you get much space for luggages, a warm common room and super clean washrooms. The hostel is 15-20 mins walk from the Sapporo JR station and 10 mins to the closest subway station. Although a little on the expensive side personally, the value was worth it! Security wise, there's a personal locker and Jimmy sits at the table all day every day. ”
- 27 Apr 2014 Anonymous Taiwan
- “ Jimmyz backpackers was such great value! Although we only stayed one night, if we come back to sapporo we will definitely be staying here again! Jimmy was such a good help and lovely person! Would recommend this hostel to anyone. It's a small hostel so you feel like you're staying in someones home rather than at a backpackers facility. Shower was stocked with basic toiletries and a hairdryer which was vey handy! ”
- 19 Feb 2014 Anonymous Australia
- “ I had a great time at this hostel :) Jimmy knows everything about places to see and things to do, all over Hokkaido! Even train times!! We had great chats :) The hostel was pretty quiet when I stayed so not much atmosphere, but a range of nationalities! Location is perfect for the entertainment area, though from JR Sapporo to the Sapporo subway is a long and confusing walk - I got lost every time!! Blame JR for that though, haha. Overall, excellent place!! :D ”
- 05 Jan 2014 Justine Wales