Johns Little Auberge in Old Berlin
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The hostel is absolutely horrible. My deluxe private room had not been cleaned at all, sheets unchanged, full of dirt and was totally disgusting. The managers said this is quite common as the cleaning lady is not always "on the mood". The toilet smelled awful, showers moldy. The mattress is old, very hard, strongly u-shaped and impossible to sleep on. Having a 11 days booking, I left after 3. No refund, no chance to see the room before paying, 7 days minimum. Stay away if anyway possible. ”
- 01 Sep 2014 Ilkka Finland
- “ Good: Location in authentic and non-touristy neighborhood. Owner is helpful and superfriendly. Bad: BRING 3 BOTTLES OF DISINFECTANT, FEBREEZE, AND OWN SHEETS. You may still be charged 3 euros for sheets, but at least you know they are clean. Bathrooms need major deep cleaning. Mold growing everywhere (even in private bathroom). Kitchen consists of 2 mini-fridges and 1 electric stove. Others removed our food to make room for theirs. BREAKFAST NOT INCLUDED. NOT RECOMMENDED. WOULD NOT STAY AGAIN! ”
- 25 Jul 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ This hostel wasn't as their pictures on your website says. quite different with their pictures. ”
- 16 Oct 2013 Manouchehr England