Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ If you like to look cool at all costs this is the place for you. Otherwise, KEX is not the best hostel to stay at. The aesthetic is best described as "prison chic". Lighting in the dorm rooms are not bright enough, the communal areas are not the most conducive to meeting new people, the shower are communal, and the cleanliness of the place is mediocre because there is no management for all the snow that gets treaded into the building. ”
- 26 Feb 2017 Samantha Canada
- “ Great vibe and atmosphere, clean dorms and bathrooms. Highly recommend staying here, especially gor the central location and ease of access for tour buses. ”
- 20 Feb 2017 Prerna Australia
- “ Pros: - Good location - Good Common Space including bar and restaurant in lobby- very easy to meet other people - Very nice ambiance/decor - Private bathrooms - Helpful staff Cons: - Strict policy- no early check-in- will have to sleep on the couch in the lobby until check-in time even when there are available beds- ridiculous! - Cold Showers! - Common space can get very loud- kitchens located next to rooms and bar downstairs - Very expensive breakfast- almost $20 per breakfast ”
- 23 Dec 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ This was the best hostel I've ever stayed in--they do a fantastic job of moving a lot of people through there every day in a way that is friendly and has a great deal of personality. The breakfast is fantastic, if a little expensive. Amazing bread. Things were clean, though sometimes late at night the bathrooms got a little dirty. Skip the smaller rooms--those just amplified the sounds/smells of others. The larger rooms were more accommodating and somehow quieter for being less cramped. ”
- 21 Aug 2016 Andrew USA
- “ I paid 5300 isk for a bed and the blanket wasn't included... seriously?! And the room was next to the bar so good luck to sleep. I think you pay only for the decoration... ”
- 13 Aug 2016 Sonia Canada
- “ The food was a little overpriced for what it was - even for Iceland. The salad I got was nothing more than some grated cheese, spinach, and a small piece of fish. For ~2400 ISK! Other than that, we have a magnificent and magical time staying at Kex Hostel. Lovely employees, serene environment, and beautiful views of the sea and the mountains. What a great place to stay! Thank you so much for such a comfortable time! ”
- 10 Aug 2016 Nadia Canada