Kelowna Okanagan Lake Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ When we first gor there she looked at us like we didn't belong and was like "is there something I can help you with?" She said she never booked two people. We had booked 3 weeks prior... And we got a single room which is only supposed to have one person yet the site says it can sleep more. So we were charged extra each night due to "facility costs". Which was cold shower and old bagels. Men's bathroom reeked like urine, very small women's. Our fan plug in was melted to the outlet, fire hazard!!! ”
- 06 Jul 2013 Dave
- “ We had some really big problems with the management here. The manager/owner Maggie is very disorganized, she has a really poor way of running the business. After leaving the hostel we were contacted by the owner who was yelling at us over the phone telling us that we had stolen a sheet from our room and needed to bring it back. We didn't steal anything from the room, she said it was on top of our bed and we did not have a sheet on our bed to begin with. However she does no formal checkout, you just drop ”
- 09 Jul 2012 Reid Canada
“ WORST hostel EVER!
- the owner has pets in the building
- shw watches you eat the horrible breakfast and makes sure you dont have too much
- there is no phone nor computer access
- the place is not very clean
- there is no common room
- the owner is always there watching, commenting everything
- poor customer service
- its expensive for what its worth
-really really bad experience ”
Dear Stephanie, Thank you very much for your feedback. We do appreciate your comment and hope to improve our hostel for future guests. We notice you have stayed with us twice at Kelowna Okanagan Lake Hostel. There must be a positive reason for you to come back and visit us, and we truly thank you for that. Kelowna Okanagan Lake Hostel provides complimentary DIY style pancake breakfast to all guests. Coffee and tea is included. The Owner of the restaurant does want every guest to have a complete breakfast and that is why singles portions of seasonal fruit and egg are added as a bonus. However, we do trust in every guest that they respect others and leave portions for others. As you know, this property is ran as a low budget hostel and our cost of rooms are reasonably low compared to other hostels in the city. We hope you understand that we cannot provide a full buffet every morning for each guest. We have stated on HostelWorld what the available features are at our hostel. We have made it clear that there is no computer access. We do provide free wireless internet access at the comfort of your own room in the building. Our hostel does feature a public pay phone in the building for public access. Perhaps, there was some misunderstanding and confusion on your part about what is available at our hostel. We hope you have enjoyed the City of Kelowna. It is a beautiful place to visit and we hope to see you again. Kind regards, Mary at Kelowna Okanagan Lake Hostel.
- 06 Sep 2011 Stephanie