Khangsar Guest House
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ We stayed in a private room. There was mold on the walls, the water was brown (we have stayed in other hotels for less money in Nepal and the water wasn't brown), and there was definitely no pick up from the airport. If you are a couple, stay at a hotel, it will be about the same price and MUCH nicer. ”
- 01 Nov 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ I booked this hostel for 3 nights. free pick-up was promised. nobody came to the airport or even answered my email. I wanted to stay in a dorm but there was no dormitory just private double bedroomes. bad to get to know new people when you just arrived in a city. Staff had no second key for the rooms so I had to change room twice. Brown water in bath room. Staff charged me more than I actually had to pay for room rate. Provide me a taxi for at least thrice the price you normally have to pay. ”
- 01 Sep 2013 Andrea Germany
- “ The guest house provides detailed information to travel around Nepal. We fix our trips with the aids of the local staffs and enjoy the night stay in Kathmandu. ”
- 03 Aug 2013 Yu China
- “ the room smelled extremely bad ”
- 25 Apr 2013 Eslam Egypt
- “ We stayed at Khangsar several times during our time in Nepal. The best thing about Khangsar is the staff. Raj and his staff were extremely helpful during our stay, helping us to organise our trek and even receiving post on our behalf. The rooms are clean, with good mattresses, attached bathroom and hot water. The location towards the south of Thamel was excellent for us within easy walking distance of both the attractions of Thamel and the local bus station for day trips. Recommended. ”
- 14 Apr 2013 Anonymous England
- “ The hostel is okay. rooms are spacey but there's a lot of noise from outside. I also booked a hiking trip with them which at at the end turned out to be more expensive than it should have. Also make sure to ask for a specific qualifications for the guide if you have any because my guide barely spoke to me throughout our hiking trip for 5 days. All in all, a good place to stay, but you might want to think carefully and judge your options before booking trips ”
- 27 Mar 2013 Anonymous Lebanon