Khaosan Tokyo Original
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The staff are kindly, the room is small but neatly. One advantage of this hostel is it's location, which is close to Kaminarimon for about 5 minutes walk, and the metro Asakusa station is for about 3 minutes, you can also see the Sumidagawa in the hostel. If one who wanna save money, this hostel could be a good choice. ”
- 16 Sep 2016 Anonymous Taiwan
- “ The hostel itself is old and outdated and felt a bit cramped. However, the people that run the hostel are amazingly nice and generous. They provided free food and drink for the fireworks viewing and made sure everyone had a good time. ”
- 31 Jul 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ Staffs were nice, tenants were nice, transportation was super convenient for its location was right between 2 subway startions. And you don't need to worry about food at all, there were so many restaurants either cheap or expensive nearby. A simple guide would be provided, and simple cooking tools were also available. But we were not happy with their facilities, the house was surprisingly old and making us feel not clean and comfortable, worse than the photos. Sometimes got awful smells. ”
- 07 Feb 2016 Anonymous China
- “ Location is great (40 min to Shibuya) if you want a quieter setting to wind down, next to a major metro line (Ginza line terminates at this hostel and Shibuya is the other terminal), and near one of the most popular shrines in the city. Showers are a litte weird but not terrible. Second floor bathroom always smelled funny and is *very* small but the first floor bathroom is nicer if you really have an issue. ”
- 28 Dec 2015 Kathleen USA
- “ near asakusa subway station is only good thing i found. wifi not free. why? All guesthouse i ever visited offer free wifi. wall is thin. noisy at night from footsteps and door closing. private room i got is very small compared to other private rooms. but they are the same price. i can't even open luggage in the room. not enough space in bathroom to hang clothes. stair is very narrow. not good for oldies. you can find better place with same/lower price,free wifi,free towel,bigger room. ”
- 28 Nov 2015 Anonymous Thailand
- “ A bed to sleep in. Very small rooms. Barely fit a medium luggage in the twin bedroom. Mixed dorm was roomier but not by much. Bedding was nice though. I slept very comfortably. Common area is small too. The building and renovations are older. Good place to sleep but not much else. Very close to subway station. Street is a little quiet but it's a short 5 minute walk. Safety wasn't a concern. Lots of stairs and no elevator (staff help carry but aren't always around). Complimentary origami! ”
- 16 Oct 2015 Anonymous Canada