Killarney Railway Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I definitely got more than my money's worth - I bought a private double bed, and ended up with a large double bed, a twin bed by the window, and our own shower. The hostel even provided towels! Breakfast was what you'd expect - some toast, tea, and coffee, but everyone at the desk was nice, and the location was perfect. We found a gorgeous park and spent the day perusing all the shops - I will be staying here again. ”
- 29 Aug 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Most folk that stay at the hostel & drink alcohol on the premises (or handle drink outside by the picnic tables provided) are generally fine however; it can be hard to sleep when some guests who cannot consume drink responsibly thus causing major inconvenience towards other hostel guests by shouting & roaring and making a general nuisance of themselves in the very early hours of the morning. I feel sorry for Night Security when things really get out of hand due to a drunk: Guest/Couple/Group. ”
- 21 Jul 2013 Anonymous Ireland
- “ kitchen used to be a bit better equipped but still a nice place for a stop over in killarney. ”
- 20 Jul 2013 Sabine Germany
- “ We just stayed for 1 night. The hostel is near to the train and bus station and also to the city center. It is a big hostel and not very personal. The Wifi was turned off at 10pm. But all for all it was ok. ”
- 15 Jul 2013 Anonymous Switzerland
- “ Nice hostel where we spent one night, great location and not too noisy during the night, friendly atmosphere in the dining room. The only unconvenience was due the lack of heating in our room ”
- 16 Jun 2013 Anonymous
- “ So close to bus and train stations! Very cute place with spacious rooms and big windows for some natural light. Actually met 4 other solo female travellers all in the same room, which is rare, so I found the setting great for meeting others. ”
- 16 Apr 2013 Anonymous Canada