Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Not my favorite! ”
- 08 Dec 2014 Alan USA
- “ The hostel was not a very welcoming place, to say the least. Probably the worst I have ever stayed in. The rooms were dingy and unclean, without pillow covers. The showers were pretty disgusting, and I didn't even try to use the kitchen. I thought that they would at least have Wifi, but you needed to pay $5 for each 24 hours you wished to use it. It worked well for me as a stopover point in my bus journey, as I was in Christchurch for about 13 hours, but I wouldn't recommend it. ”
- 12 Nov 2014 Grace USA
- “ I suffered the trouble with an angry guy, claiming about his bed. I think that this behaviour can't be tolerated. If I was the manager, I'd kick him out immediately. ”
- 23 Sep 2014 Anonymous Brazil
- “ Kiwi Basecamp could have cleaner facilities and more stable bunk beds - the upper one is pretty shaky. Otherwise, the location is pretty decent with a 15min walk to the main bus stop and being located within the CBD. Staff were friendly and helpful. There is also a bus shuttle option to the airport for 10 NZD, which is great. ”
- 24 Jul 2014 Annemarie Germany
- “ Nice, small hostel for a night in Christchurch. Easy access from the airport by bus. ”
- 16 Apr 2014 Anonymous Netherlands
- “ Great. I would come back :-) ”
- 28 Jan 2014 Anonymous Sweden