Koa Wood Hale
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This was by far the filthiest hostel I've ever been too. You can smell weed everywhere, the floor was sticky *they ask you to walk around barefoot. The rooms stunk of bad armpit & feet odor. Don't bother locking your doors, everyone can just pull the screen door and go in that way. The Asian host looks like he is high as a bat and by his raggy clothes can be mistaken for a hobo. I saw cockroaches running around the public area and maggots on the trash bin cover. Sleep in ur car instead! ”
- 26 May 2014 Anonymous Philippines
- “ I only stayed here for one night but I had a really awesome time. Met some super cool people and the staff were all really laid back and fun to be around. It's a bit pricey for being so basic but options seem to be few for hostels in kailua so... All in all I would probably stay here again. ”
- 31 Dec 2013 Lauren Canada
- “ Even with a GPS the hostel was hard to find. The sheets and towels were smelly, the dishes weren't washed up, the whole place lacked of cleanliness. The room was small and humid, the fan was loud, the beds were squeaking everything you turn around. I didn't feel safe and was glad I could leave on the following morning. ”
- 04 Sep 2013 Silvia Switzerland
- “ Pros: Convenient location, friendly staff, rooms are clean. Super nice Manager. Cons: Expect seeing the occasional bug in the bathroom / kitchen. Beds are a bit stiff for most people. Beds was passable for me. ”
- 31 Aug 2013 Anonymous Canada