Koa Wood Hale
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I think they must be all poor because I tried to speak to the owner, or manager and two guys tag teamed each other over my age! Told me it was a "YOUTH HOSTEL" and I should find another place to stay. When I called the next day, after booking on line the other guy said are you the older woman, what name did you use to book on line. I told him. He said you won't be staying here. I asked to speak to managment, He said I am. OK THEN! RUDE AND I HOPE THE OWNER CALLS ME! ”
- 19 Apr 2015 denice
- “ This place was magical. Truly the best hostel in the world, like they say! Very friendly and flexible. ”
- 10 Apr 2015 Paul New Zealand
- “ Good hostel, friendly staff, very 'big island' Hawaiian style, rooster was annoying but better than car horns ”
- 06 Apr 2015 Anonymous Australia
- “ Nice, clean place. Great atmosphere ”
- 05 Mar 2015 Noelle USA
- “ The manager and all the staff were great, very helpful in every way. There were a few island insects around the building but that is to be expected. I went at a very hot time of year and there was no central air conditioning but this was minor. One thing I noticed was that there wasn't even a hint of theft. I had a really great time and will return to this Hostel ”
- 26 Sep 2014 Leif Canada
- “ Quite a bit of maintenance required. Things either dont work or are in poor condition. It was unbearably hot and no air conditioning. Door locks were dodgy. Place was lovely and clean and staff very helpful. ”
- 20 Sep 2014 Margaret