Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Very nice hotel with a lovely garden and bath! Clean and quiet! Extremely polite and helpful staff, recommendations and directions to nearby restaurants and sights. I stayed in mixed dormitory. The only negative thing was that the room didn't have futons, there were bunk beds instead. They are not that comfortable. The room was on the second floor and the sleeping area was separated with a screen from the rest of the room. The room had a small kitchen, which was nice! Hotel breakfast was superb! ”
- 08 Apr 2015 Anonymous Finland
- “ A very good place to stay. I can't say enough about the atmosphere and staff. Both were phenomenal throughout my entire stay. Hiro is very kind and will do whatever it takes to make his guests feel comfortable at his hotel. Free bicycles are available as well Hiro has restaurant recommendations which are inexpensive and good. I would definitely stay here again, great value for one's money. ”
- 07 Dec 2014 John Canada
- “ Kyoya Ryokan is a gorgeous hostel for its price. Polite and approachable staff that always greets you with a friendly smile; they speak abit of basic english. They provide useful pamphlets for the area around the hostel and general attractions in Nagoya. Has an exceptionally beautiful garden that you could go and chill at whenever and theres an option to have a japanese breakfast with a view of said garden. The room itself is beyond godlike. I'd like to describe more, alas 500 character limit... ”
- 24 Sep 2014 Yong Hong Singapore
- “ This was the best possible place I could've come to on my first night in Japan. The staff are friendly, it's very relaxed, the facilities are clean, and staying there is a great way to ease yourself into Japanese culture. There's also a vending with beer inside the Ryokan, which helps. Their public baths are worth using - if you want a western style shower you won't be able to have one but don't let that put you off - there was never even anyone else in the bathroom when I used it. ”
- 03 Sep 2014 Samantha New Zealand