Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Honestly this was the best hostel I stayed in while in Japan. The place is actually a Ryokan, so there are normal rooms, and the "hostel" area is just in one wing, so you get the experience of a ryokan, Japanese meals, Kimono, Public bath, etc. while still having the price of a hostel, dormitory style, sleeping quarters. The location is just a short walk, or if you make use of one of the free bikes, a ride away from, Nagoya Castle, the downtown shopping and bar scene, and the train station ”
- 20 Aug 2015 eric USA
- “ Very nice hotel with a lovely garden and bath! Clean and quiet! Extremely polite and helpful staff, recommendations and directions to nearby restaurants and sights. I stayed in mixed dormitory. The only negative thing was that the room didn't have futons, there were bunk beds instead. They are not that comfortable. The room was on the second floor and the sleeping area was separated with a screen from the rest of the room. The room had a small kitchen, which was nice! Hotel breakfast was superb! ”
- 08 Apr 2015 Anonymous Finland
- “ A very good place to stay. I can't say enough about the atmosphere and staff. Both were phenomenal throughout my entire stay. Hiro is very kind and will do whatever it takes to make his guests feel comfortable at his hotel. Free bicycles are available as well Hiro has restaurant recommendations which are inexpensive and good. I would definitely stay here again, great value for one's money. ”
- 07 Dec 2014 John Canada
- “ Kyoya Ryokan is a gorgeous hostel for its price. Polite and approachable staff that always greets you with a friendly smile; they speak abit of basic english. They provide useful pamphlets for the area around the hostel and general attractions in Nagoya. Has an exceptionally beautiful garden that you could go and chill at whenever and theres an option to have a japanese breakfast with a view of said garden. The room itself is beyond godlike. I'd like to describe more, alas 500 character limit... ”
- 24 Sep 2014 Yong Hong Singapore