Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Kyoya Ryokan is a gorgeous hostel for its price. Polite and approachable staff that always greets you with a friendly smile; they speak abit of basic english. They provide useful pamphlets for the area around the hostel and general attractions in Nagoya. Has an exceptionally beautiful garden that you could go and chill at whenever and theres an option to have a japanese breakfast with a view of said garden. The room itself is beyond godlike. I'd like to describe more, alas 500 character limit... ”
- 24 Sep 2014 Yong Hong Singapore
- “ This was the best possible place I could've come to on my first night in Japan. The staff are friendly, it's very relaxed, the facilities are clean, and staying there is a great way to ease yourself into Japanese culture. There's also a vending with beer inside the Ryokan, which helps. Their public baths are worth using - if you want a western style shower you won't be able to have one but don't let that put you off - there was never even anyone else in the bathroom when I used it. ”
- 03 Sep 2014 Samantha New Zealand
- “ Very good for foreigners that want to try out ryokans. ”
- 13 Jul 2014 Naomi Japan
- “ Very friendly staff; location within walking distance from the station, on-site onsen (small, but still nice) ”
- 20 May 2014 Anonymous Belgium
- “ Great authentic Ryokan experience in Nagoya, beautiful garden and friendly staff ”
- 07 May 2014 Helen Australia
- “ Traditional Hotel - little Garden - hot bath 24h - friendly staff - 10min walk to the Nagoya Castle ”
- 04 Apr 2014 Nicola Germany