La Casa del Tio Rafa
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Small and friendly hostel very close to the bus station and only a short walk to the city center. Rafael is a very friendly and helpful guy who can show and explain you a lot, thanks Rafael for the trip to the Cenotes, that was amazing! And thanks for explaining how to buy a good hammock, that was most helpful! Rafael himself lives in the hostel and is around most of the time, taking care that the place is clean, safe and in good order. During my stay I felt very, very much at home. ”
- 18 Nov 2015 Johannes Germany
- “ Quite far from the city center and a bit messy. It is more of the owners home than a hostel. Fine for one night. ”
- 16 Oct 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Tio Rafa was really polite and helpful. Check in was super easy. The building itself was a little small and cramped. A bit cluttered too. But it was cozy. We had a private room and the space was nice. Wifi didn't work in our room and was unreliable anywhere else in the hostel. Security is excellent. Front doors are usually locked, but there is someone to let you in and out. ”
- 07 Jan 2015 Derrick USA
- “ Everything was great and would return! ”
- 04 Jan 2015 Hernan Argentina