La Controra Hostel Rome
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Great hostel...great people....would recommend and stay again. ”
- 08 Jun 2014 Julie USA
- “ We had an incredible stay at La Controra Hostel in Rome. My friend got sick while we were traveling and needed to see a doctor when we arrived in Rome. The staff at the hostel was extremely helpful in making sure that my friend was able to get the medical help she needed. Everyone was friendly and accommodating (especially Marwa!). I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone planning to travel to Rome! ”
- 07 Jun 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ La Controra was a great place to stay in Rome! The location is close enough to everything that you can walk, but far Way from the main sites to not be too pricey. The rooms were large and the bathroom was the most beautiful, clean bathroom I have ever seen in a hostel. The breakfast was very simple, but enough to get you started for a busy day. I would definitely recommend this hostel. ”
- 16 Apr 2014 Abigail USA
- “ We arrived late. The reception by the lovely host was welcoming as well as extremely helpful, as she gave us a map and many suggestions for sight seeing. The private room was wonderful. Very clean. I would stay again! ”
- 01 Mar 2014 renee USA
- “ La Controra Hostel was my home away from home when in Rome. I stayed there for 3 nights and had a great experience! The room was clean, spacious, bright and airy with a big window. The bed was very comfortable, and the lockers were capacious enough to fit both my suitcase and backpack comfortably. And finally the people - the staff and the other guests were really friendly and helpful. Marwa, Dasha and Franchesco were very patient and helpful with really good suggestions of things to do! ”
- 28 Dec 2013 Husain India