La Posada de Don Simon
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ A very well-organised place offering everything you need. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. Don Simon´s doesn´t seem to be the first choice for party animals, which makes it a prime choice for travelers looking for a clean, quiet and lovingly looked-after place to stay. Breakfast is light and on the sweet side, with really good coffee. There is a nice small patio with beautifully arranged plants and flowers. ”
- 19 Apr 2015 Nadine Germany
- “ Good location, a short walk to the city center and a short taxi ride from the bus station (less than 30 pesos). The staff is friendly but only Ruben speaks English. Rooms are functional. There are 3 bathrooms and I never had to wait. The kitchen is small. The hostel needs to be upgraded. My mattress was so old that it was curved. My room wasn't cleaned during the 4 nights I stayed there. I was sometimes awake by the smell of cigarette from the main entrance that would travel to my room. ”
- 29 Mar 2015 CAROLINE TO NGA France
- “ the hostel is okay for the money. the rooms are hot even there is a fan. near to the centre, staff is really friendly, quiet atmosphere. ”
- 04 Mar 2015 Torsten Germany
- “ Staff was great, facilities simple but clean. I stayed at La Posada de Don Simon for a total of 5 days/nights. Upon arrival, I was greeted by the two hostel managers (Lilian and a gentleman whose name I do not remember). They were extremely helpful with restaurant recommendations and planning to go bungee jumping at La Quebrada Cabra Corral when I was on a tight schedule. The hostel is located a few blocks from the center which was convenient. I would stay there again. ”
- 03 Nov 2014 Larissa Brazil
- “ The staff is really friendly and had a good time in there. The major downside is that I'm allergic to cats and their cat sometimes even wanders inside the rooms. ”
- 06 Aug 2014 Anonymous Argentina